We can only achieve our goals with the assistance of volunteers, generous donations or discounts from members of our community. Without this help, saving the lives of our beautiful & gentle native wildlife would not be possible.
By supporting Wildlife Rockhampton you are giving the local area’s native animals a second chance for a happy, healthy life. We hope that you will help support our cause!
Wildlife Rockhampton is an organisation that is run entirely by volunteers, we do not have any paid positions! Like all volunteer wildlife groups in Queensland, our volunteers undertake their roles from their own properties.
There are so many ways you can help e.g. by telling your friends about us, displaying our poster at your local vets, pet food stores, looking out for items on our wish list and supporting our fundraising events.
To be eligible to volunteer you must be:
- Aged 18 or over unless you have your parental/guardian consent.
- Must love and have a desire to help our native wildlife in care.
- Must always represent Wildlife Rockhampton in a professional & courteous manner.
- Act in accordance with both legislative and Wildlife Rockhampton organisational policies and guidelines.
- Work with a team focus and under the guidance of our wildlife coordinators.
Please tell us if there is another way you might be able to assist! If you are interested in becoming more involved please fill in the volunteer form and watch our Facebook pages and chat group for training and fundraising opportunities (https://www.facebook.com/wildliferockhampton/).
- Volunteer your time or goods to make possum boxes or sew pouches or liners for joeys.
- An online training course is now available for those willing to assist with the transport or rescue of wildlife-in-need. Once successfully completed, you can be involved when available. A ‘Certificate of completion’ will also be issued to you following completion of the course.
- Offer to have your property assessed as a potential wildlife release site.
- Become a member of a caring group of like-minded individuals, who are committed to helping our beautiful native wildlife